What is Greeks for Christ?
Greeks For Christ International (GFCI) is an association of Greek believers in
Jesus Christ in many countries of the world. Established in 1974 in California, the
ministry of GFCI is threefold:
1. To promote an understanding that there is a growing movement of Greek
people who believe in the testimony of the Holy Scriptures and Church History,
that Jesus Christ, the Second Person of the Trinity, is the Savior of the world.
2. To bring together Greek and non-Greek believers of like faith and mind, who
share the vision for a Greek spiritual revival.
3. To introduce our Greek people to Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit,
that they will come to put their trust in God through Him, accept Him as their
Savior, and serve Him as their Lord in the fellowship of His Church.
What Does Greeks for Christ Offer?
GFCI provides a number of ministries and assists other ministries active in the
CONFERENCE AND CAMPS. A North American Conference is held every other year
in Oakland, CA, over the 4th of July weekend. Regional conferences are also held
every year, as well as summer camps and special public and outreach meetings.
THE RADIO PROGRAM "THE GREEK HOUR OF HOPE" is heard each week over eight
stations in the USA and Canada since 1974.
ORAMA VIDEO series are available, as are also bilingual music books and
MUSIC. productions from talenetd Greek musicians that have set a standard in
contemporary and traditional Greek Christian music worldwide.
OTHER free offers include a newsletter sent to GFCI members, the "Tape of the
Month" radio tapes, and other material.
ASSISTANCE is provided to home groups and individuals desiring to study God's
Word, grow in grace, and reach their communities for Christ. The
GREEK CENTER FOR BIBLICAL STUDIES in Oakland, CA, is offering courses for
those who desire to prepare themselves for ministry. The same courses can also
be taken by correspondence for a modest fee to cover books and material.
What do we Believe
1. In the Bible, the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of
2. There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the
Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
3. In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life and
miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His
ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal future return to this
earth in glory to rule a thousand years.
4. In the blessed hope--the rapture of the Church at Christ's coming.
5. In the cleansing from sin through repentance and faith in the precious blood of
6. That regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for personal salvation; in the
sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling and infilling the Christian
is enabled to live a holy and victorious life.
7. In water baptism.
8. That the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human
9. In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life
and the other to everlasting damnation.